CHIN Radio International will air a special news program focusing on the results from the 2015 Trinidad & Tobago national elections next week.
The post-elections coverage will be hosted by Jai Ojah Maharaj; former host of the Caribbean Connection Show that aired on CHIN Radio Toronto for over 30 years.
The election night coverage will feature a live, in-house Toronto panel comprising Ojah Maharaj (moderator), Michael Lashley (Editorial Page Editor; The Caribbean Camera) and Ruskin Ramsundar (Editor; The Durham Citizen).
Additional live, T&T field reports will be provided by:
- Sandra Maharaj (Assignment Editor; CNMG TV, T&T) who will be reporting live from her news desk in T&T;
- Capil Bissoon from the governing United National Congress (UNC) headquarters at Reinzi Complex;
- Rohan Sinanan, Deputy Political Leader of the PNM or Ashton Ford, General Secretary of the PNM, from the opposition Peoples National Movement (PNM) headquarters at Balisier House;
- Clyde McNeil (roving freelance reporter) from different areas in and around Tobago; and
- Herman Silochan (roving freelance reporter) from different areas in and around Trinidad.
“This special news presentation is to facilitate the members of the Trinidad and Tobago Diaspora…and the wider Caribbean Community, an opportunity to hear the results as they happen,” said Ojah Maharaj. “I would like to thank Lenny Lombardi, President of CHIN Radio TV International, and Darshan Sahota, the Producer of Geetmala Radio, for agreeing to the pre-emption of regularly scheduled programming so as to facilitate this one-time broadcast.”
The Trinidad & Tobago post-elections news program will be broadcasted on Monday, September 7, from 9:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. EST on CHIN Radio 100.7FM and online at www.chinradio.com.