Acceptable identification for Mississauga municipal election

By Admin Wednesday October 15 2014 in News
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...


The City of Mississauga will hold its municipal election on Monday, October 27. In order to vote in the election, you must be a qualified elector who:


• Resides in the City of Mississauga or is the owner or tenant of land in the City of Mississauga, or a spouse of such owner or tenant; and

• Is a Canadian citizen; and,

• Is at least 18 years old.

Acceptable Identification (ID)

If you are eligible to vote, there are two things that you should bring with you on Election Day:


• Your voter notification card and

• Acceptable identificiation (ID)

When you make your plan to vote, make sure that you have one acceptable piece of ID with you.

Here’s a complete list of acceptable identification:

• ID Cards: Ontario driver’s licence, Ontario Health Card (photo card), Ontario Photo Card.

• Utility Bills: A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission.

• Work Documents: A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt from an employer.


• Government Documents: Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion); a court-issued or certified document; any document from the government of Canada, Ontario, a municipality or a Band Council in Ontario or from an agency of government, a Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works, a Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program.


• Tax Documents: An income tax assessment notice, a Child Tax Benefit Statement, a Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E, a Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS), A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P), Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions, an RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement, a Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007, a property tax assessment.


• Bank Documents: A cancelled personalized cheque, a mortgage statement, (or a lease or rental agreement for a property in Ontario), a loan agreement or other financial agreement with a bank; a credit card statement, a bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement.


• Documents from Charities: A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.


• Hospital, Long-term Care Home or School Documents: A hospital card or record; a document showing campus residence, issued by the post-secondary institution; a transcript or report card from a post-secondary school, a document showing residence at a long-term care home.


For more information about the 2014 Mississauga municipal election, visit or call 905-615-VOTE. If you need information in an alternate format, please call 3-1-1. Vote! You decide what the future of your City and schools look like.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>